Just in case you haven’t marked it in your calendar, Mother’s Day is fast approaching – Sunday 31st March, to be exact – and this year we are challenging outdated parenting models, recognising and celebrating not only
However, whether you’re buying gifts for your mother or father, for many millionaires, it can be difficult to find something to buy – what do you get for someone who has everything? That’s why we have decided to put together a list of our favourite gifts fit for more affluent shoppers.
The top ten includes a Patek Philippe watch worth over £16m, a diamond necklace worth almost £3.6m and a Bugatti Chiron valued at more than £2m.
The 10 most expensive Mother’s Day gifts are as follows:
1. Limited Edition Patek Philippe Commemorative Watch – £16,267,350
2. Harry Winston 22.91ct Emerald Cut Diamond Ring – £3,521,850
3. 2018 Bugatti Chiron – £2,275,350
4. 35.31ct Yellow Pear Diamond Necklace – £2,136,850
5. Pappy’s Toy Marlow 2008 70ft Yacht – £1,646,400
6. Panerai LO SCIENZIATO Tourbillon Pocket Watch Ceramica – £847,750
7. Handmade Platinum 9.23ct Emerald Diamond Ring – £808,545
8. 2014 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Black Series – £652,050
9. Jacob & Co. Astronomia Tourbillon Dragon Watch – £611,534.90
According to research from analytics firm GlobalData*, Mother’s Day spending is set to rise to more than £1.6 billion this year – an increase of 0.8% on 2018. The site also revealed** that the gap between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day has widened, with UK shoppers only spending half as much on gifts for Dads.
If consumers were to purchase every item on our list, they would spend almost £30 million.
Aaron Harpin, HushHush.com founder, said,
“Many of our affluent consumers have the means to purchase what they want and need, so it can make occasions like Mother’s Day rather tricky – what do you buy for a parent who has everything? That’s why we’ve put this list together, to give them some extra ideas, and so everyone else can see just how the other half live!
“On top of this, while this holiday has traditionally celebrated mothers alone, we also want to use this holiday recognise those in same sex relationships for the roles they play in their children’s lives.”